Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Frozen Hot Chocolate





Here in Utah we drink a lot of hot chocolate from about October through March-ish (sometimes mother nature tends to give us "hot chocolate weather" in April or May). But a lot of places around here serve frozen hot chocolate all year round.  I had never actually tried it until moving to Utah....I had heard of it, just never actually tasted it. Its super good, so when I a came across a recipe for a homemade version in a recent issue of my Every Day with Rachel Ray  Magazine, I thought I would give it a go.  I changed up the recipe quite a bit. My family tends to like white chocolate much better than good ole fashioned milk or dark chocolate (they take after their father...I do not claim any part of the dark chocolate haters), so I made mine with semi-sweet and white chocolate.  I am actually really happy with the way it turned out, though I am not a white chocolate lover, it did make it nice and creamy.  My kids and I pretty much demolished it right out of the blender, so I guess that pretty much speaks for itself....it was GOOD!

Missy's Frozen Hot Chocolate
Two cups milk
1/2 cup of your favorite hot cocoa mix
4 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
6 oz white chocolate chips
1tsp vanilla 
about 24 ice cubes (I used two trays worth)
whipped cream
chocolate shavings for garnish


Combine milk and hot cocoa mix over medium heat just until it gets hot,
Add both kinds of chocolate chips, and stir until melted
Remove from heat and stir in vanilla
Pour into blender (if using a glass blender, wait until it cools a bit)
Add ice and blend until smooth.
Pour into dessert cups and garnish with whipped cream and chocolate
Enjoy!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment