Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Pasole

Have you tasted Pasole?  I think it probably my favorite soup.  It tastes like a tamale and an enchilada all mixed up in a delicious soup......

My friend Susy first got me hooked with her authentic, yummy version.  Mine is a little more "white girl trying to cook Mexican food"....but it is still good.  It is a simple recipe to make, but you would never know it because it has SO MUCH flavor!  Seriously, people will think you spent hours making it....

My version is made in a crock pot, but you could just as easily cook it on your stovetop.


Missy's Pasole

2 cans beef broth
1 can italian style diced tomatoes (do not drain)
1 Large can Hominy, drained
1 small can diced green chilies
1 cup cooked, shredded chicken
1/2 tsp Cumin
1/2 tsp Onion Powder
1 tsp Garlic Powder 

Mix all ingredients in a crock pot and cook on low for two-three hours. 
Serve with lemon wedges and tortilla chips for the best flavor!

Enjoy! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment