Friday, December 2, 2011

Creamy Roasted Garlic Tomato Soup....

I have been meaning to try and create a yummy homemade tomato soup for quite some time now.  Its one of my daughters favorite soups and she has been begging....
I poured over tons of recipes and couldn't find one to suit my fancy..so I created this one hoping it would turn out good and it did! I am a garlic fan (or fanatic if you will), so I was naturally drawn to the most garlicky of recipes. Don't be afraid of the amount of garlic the recipe calls for, it really added to the taste and wasn't overwhelming at all.
Oh, and please forgive my picture. I meant to take a more "finished" one, but my soup got gobbled up so fast that I didn't have time :)
Roasted Garlic Tomato Soup
1 tsp butter
1 medium onion, chopped
1 bunch of garlic, roasted
2 15oz cans of chopped tomatoes, drained
1 cup whole milk
1 cup vegetable broth 

~Roast garlic, set aside
~Saute onion in butter until soft (about five min)
~Pour tomatoes, milk, and broth into saucepan and heat until just warm
~Remove all cloves of garlic from the bunch and add to the tomato mixture
~Add the onion
~Pour the tomato mixture into a blender and blend until smooth
~Pour mixture back into saucepan and heat just until it starts to simmer
~Serve with hot rolls
~Enjoy!


How to roast garlic:

~Cut the top off of an intact bunch of garlic, exposing just the tops of the cloves
~Place in foil and twist the top closed
~Bake at 350 degrees for 30 min
~(Do this when company is coming so your house smells wonderful and they think you are an incredible cook)
~Enjoy in your favorite recipes 





No comments:

Post a Comment