Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Roasted Red Pepper Hummus

Hummus is one of those things that I could eat just about every day. Actually, I DO eat it just about every day.  I usually eat either hummus, carrots, and crackers for lunch...or I eat a vegetable sandwich with hummus used in place of mayo or mustard. I pack my Hubs a vegetable sandwich almost everyday in his lunch too.  He would have never gone for it if he had been asked if he would like one, so being the kind wife I am...I just snuck it in there one day.  To my surprise he loved it, and now he asks for one all the time. Yep, my husband begs for a veggie sandwich. Be jealous :)






Roasted Red Pepper Hummus

1 can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup tahini paste (this is ground sesame seeds and you can find it easily in most grocery stores)
1/4 fresh lemon juice
3-4 strips of roasted red peppers from a jar
1 garlic clove, pressed or grated
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp paprika

Pulse all ingredients in a food processor, adding water 1 tsp at a time until you reach the consistency you love!
Like I said before, I eat this all the time on just about anything.....You can serve it with veggies, crackers, on sandwiches, etc...
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment