Saturday, June 18, 2011

Black Bean Brownies

Black bean brownies. They.Are.Good.
Because of the low fat diet I am on, I was having brownie withdrawls. I seriously LOVE brownies!!! So, I googled low fat brownies and tons of recipes for black bean brownies came up. I was a skeptic, but I thought I would at least give them a try.....To my surprise they were actually good. In my 4 yr old's words "Mom, can you make this recipe every time you make brownies from now on"? I mean, who can argue with a 4 yr old? Here is the awesome recipe....


1 box low fat or fat free brownie mix
1 cup warm water
1 can black beans
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Mix the black beans and warm water in a blender for about a min
In a mixing bowl...stir the bean mixture into the brownie mix
Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Pour into a greased 8x8 pan
Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top.
Bake at 350 for 28 min.


I did find that these brownies tasted really, REALLY good cold...so I would recommend chilling them in the fridge before cutting into them :)

If you are really feeling like going low-fat you could omit the chocolate chips....

No comments:

Post a Comment